Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fevers, diapers and a trip to the mall.....

So, since I last blogged I've been taking temperatures and administering medication. I really can't complain because the girls are 9 months old and this is the first time one of them has been sick. As for Mack he has only been sick a handful of times. I really don't claim to be over cautious about germs or anything like that. I just guess I've been a little lucky with the sickness thing. The bright side is we can't sell our house in Yakima, WA, but our children our healthy. (As I type these words I'm hearing a sarcastic under tone.) However, I am a little sick of changing poopy diapers and I don't think the end is in site anytime soon. I love these adorable little girls, but they are a really an expensive hobby.

Now for the exciting stuff. Well it's exciting to me anyway. I've been kind of stuck in the house with sick kids this week. So, tonight I left the two sick kids at home and took Lily with me to the mall. It was such a treat to just have one baby! I walked all around Nordstom and looked at all the things I can't buy. I really didn't care I was just glad to be able to focus on one thing and not have to keep reminding Mack that he needs to hold onto the stroller or to stop hiding in the clothes. Today was my day at the mall. I decided to check out the Shade store to see if anything was on sale. I was glad I did. I found some really cute shirts! I have been really feeling blah lately so finding some cute shirts on sale was just the pick-me-up I needed. I guess I really have more to say than I realized. I'll start with this for now.

On a side note I just wanted to thank all my girlfriends who left encouraging comments on my blog. You are the reason I felt inspired to share some of my thoughts. I just love reading your blogs.

4 comments:

Sally DeFord said...

I'm so glad to hear about your day to day life. I can totally relate. It's all about savoring the little triumps, like having a good shopping trip. I hope you guys can sell your house.

Kim said...

I didn't realize your home hadn't sold yet. We will definately pray for you...I remember the anxiousness when ours was on the market & it isn't fun.

I can not imagine two babies. I bet you are exhausted at the end of the day. I'm glad you got away for a moment.

I'm glad you are blogging; then I get to know what your family is up to:) We miss you guys!!!

Steph said...

Katrina, I just got home from Target. I went down every. single. aisle. Alone. It was bliss.

On Purpose said...

Praying for the house to sell for you!