Sunday, November 18, 2007

The girls are finally here!


Lily Nicole and Sophia Ann where born on November 13, 2007. I had no idea I would receive such a wonderful gift on my birthday. Lily is the bigger one on the right with all the hair. She was born at 7:30pm, weighing 5lb 8oz and measuring 17 1/2 inches long. Sophia came after her big sister at 7:44pm weighing 4lb 9oz and measuring 18 inches long. They both did very well for only being 36 weeks gestation. Lily had a little bit of a rough start. She spent three days in the NICU recovering from the birth. We feel so blessed to have had two beautiful healthy girls with minimal complications. We came home from the hospital on Thursday with Sophie and were able to go back the next day and pick up Lily. Sophie really missed her sister that first night home. They love to be next to each other as you can see.


Sophia Ann Waite


Lily Nicole Waite


The proud big brother!

8 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

Yeah they're here! Congrats and I'm glad everyone is home now safe and sound- hope this makes for a good Thanksgiving for you this year!!! And Happy Birthday- to all 3 of you!

Sally DeFord said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. We hope Katrina is doing well. What a great birthday present. When you are feeling well we want to hear all about it. I can't believe all the hair on those babies. We have bald babies. What a happy day.

Disco Mom said...

Wow, what a birthday miracle! I was my mom's birthday present, and it was so fun every year to celebrate together - I am so happy for you! You mixed up the middle names - they are different in the first paragraph than over the pictures - which is which? Either way they are so beautiful and you guys deserve all the love and happiness they bring!

Katie said...

Wow you guys! That is so great! Congratulations!! We are so happy for you. I LOVE your pregnant picture you posted!! Wow, BABY!! Sweet. You will enjoy getting back to normal I'm sure. It's amazing how our bodies can change so much for the little dudes. Well you look great and we are so happy for you all!! Best wishes. Thanks for the email!!

Katie and Daniel

Steph said...

Congrats!! Now I know why you never returned my call on your birthday...well, all is forgiven.:-)They are totally cute, and McKinley looks so proud. I'll second the happy birthday to all of the girls - what a wonderful day!

Emily said...

Congrats! They are SO adorable! We're so glad everyone is safe and home! Happy Birthday- what a wonderful gift. Hope you are doing well!

Rachel Clare said...

Bryan & Katrina,
We're thrilled for you guys (all of you!). How exciting. Grateful everyone is doing well. Those girls (and little McKinley Ned) are so beautiful.
We'd love to see you guys!

Kim said...

Congratulations!!! I can only imagine what life is like for you guys right now! Not a ton of sleeping by the adults would be my guess. How are you guys doing? How's McKinley liking the change? I hope you guys are doing well. I'm glad the girls are healthy and home. Congratulations...and good luck!!
Kim Anderson